How did I get Bed bugs?
How did I get Bed bugs?
“How did I get bed bugs?” is a common question our customers ask frequently.
They often continue by stating that, “but I wasn’t even at a hotel”, or “but I was at a top-notch hotel”.
The common belief is that bed bugs are gotten from visiting a hotel or motel that is less than clean, and less than “5 star”. But this actually a bed bug myth raised to the point of urban legend.
In truth, bed bugs are actually very good at finding you and in many places other than the “seedy hotel”
So, where did I get bed bugs from then?
The sad truth is that bed bugs can be found in many common places and it’s not just hotels
The following is a relatively comprehensive list of bed bug hiding places. But, in case we missed a spot, feel free to use the comments below if have missed anything.
We will start with obvious bed bug hiding places and then add in some more obscure hiding locations.
- Hotel rooms
- Laundromats and laundry rooms in apartment buildings
- Assisted living facilities
- Nursing homes
- Airplanes and airports
- Movie theaters
- Bus and train stations
- Under the seats of busses and trains
- Cruise ships (in cabins, staterooms and some common areas)
- Shelters (homeless and also special emergency shelters like hurricane shelters which we have written about before)
- School classrooms
- College dorms
- Self-storage units
- Offices and home offices
- From your neighbors in the apartment or townhouse next door (they can travel through holes in walls, through light sockets, etc. So when you use a product like Premo Guard Non-Toxic Bed Bug Spray, make sure you treat those area’s as well)
- Garage and tag sales (in furniture and other items that you bring home from these events)
Additional reading: How to Detect a Bed Bug Problem & Stop It Before It’s Too Late
Bed bugs can cause deep emotional pain and worry.
Asking yourself “where did I get bedbugs?”, is only one of the after-the-fact trauma’s you may have to deal with. Worrying about getting bed bugs again is one of the main fears people experience.
Often, we see people who are terrified that they have to use harsh, dangerous chemicals and pesticides to combat bed bugs. This is actually not the case with Premo Guard Bed Bug Killer.
It is a non-toxic, all-natural spray which kills bed bugs and their eggs on contact. It is 100% money back guaranteed and has been tested and certified safe and effective (view certification study here). And Premo Guard Bed Bug Spray is safe to use around kids and pets
If you have an immediate issue and need to safely rid your home of bed bugs, Premo Guard is offering 10% for a limited time only. Use Promo code “green” when ordering. Click here to order now